Where we are
We are located in the heart of the medieval city of Cambridge, 50 miles northeast of London. Our laboratory resides at The Gurdon Institute, in the centre of town, and is surrounded by historic Cambridge buildings and University Departments. We are associated with the Department of Biochemistry, and are also part of a wider scientific community that includes the Cancer Research UK Cambridge Research Institute, the MRC-LMB, the Cambridge Systems Biology Institute, CIMR, Babraham Institute, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, European Bioinformatics Institute and the Cambridge Stem Cell Initiative.
The first scholars arrived in Cambridge as exiles from Oxford in the year 1209, and in 1326 the Bishop of Ely established Peterhouse as the first College in Cambridge. Somewhat more recently, the Gurdon Institute was founded in 1989.
Eric Miska Laboratory
Department of Biochemistry
University of Cambridge
The Sanger Building
80 Tennis Court Road,
E eric.miska [at] gurdon.cam.ac.uk